Saturday 26 November 2011

Yeah, I'm addicted to gaming.


I love this picture because it really speaks to me.  To those who don't understand the context behind this, a lot of software, such as in video games, have bugs and glitches when it is first released.  When the company receives enough complaints, they release a patch or make an update to fix these anomalies.  What makes this picture so funny is that it treats us as if we were programs developed by an entity (God?  Perhaps to the creator of this image), and the everyday annoyances are just bugs that are now going to be fix with this updated version of a human.  What makes it more enjoyable is that all of us have probably experienced these "glitches".

I, being a self-proclaimed hard-core gamer (not really), feel like this speaks more truth than it actually shows.  How many of us would like a system upgrade to help make our lives run more smoothly?  I know I definitely would.  Chances are, it's not happening soon enough, and all I can do now is laugh at this ridiculous image.

Of course, now that I've just explained the meaning behind it, it's not that funny anymore.

2 comments:

  1. You bring up a few contradictions in your thoughts here... so you're not really a self-proclaimed hard-core gamer yet you feel the image speaks more truth than it shows... what I would have liked to see you explore is the thought about how humans seek this "system upgrade" you mention, those are some deep thoughts that would bring forth some interesting insights and perspectives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also impressed with your thoughts. The picture shows real truth. Well, I am not a hardcore gamer or game addict.
    r4i card

    ReplyDelete