Tuesday 6 March 2012

A true friend will tell you the truth, even when you don't want to hear it.

What kind of friend would a person be if he/she didn't tell the truth?  A bad friend.

And what kind of friend would a person be if he/she hurt your feelings?  A bad friend.

Then what happens if the person told a lie to make you feel better, or told the truth that made you feel worse?  Does he/she become a neutral friend?

I've always liked to think that a good friend is one who always puts a smile on your face, and a true friend is one who is honest with you.

Simple Friends vs Real Friends
I wonder if bathing together counts...

So I totally agree that a true friend will tell you the truth, no matter how much it will hurt you.  But there is a boundary.  It's not really nice if he/she just says it outright with no remorse.  How the person says it is extremely important.  I don't want to be friends with someone who tells me I don't look good in this pair of jeans because I'm fat.  I'd rather have someone tell me I don't look good because the jeans don't fit me.  Is there really any difference?  Nah, but at least I don't feel as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment