Tuesday 5 June 2012

Universality

Well, the blog prompts I was given didn't exactly inspire, so I'll be writing this of my own free will.

I've noticed that teenagers nowadays really love to talk back to people.  They love to show how "smart" they are in justifying why they don't have to take orders from people.  One of these ways, and probably the most common, is the concept of universality, that one rule applies to everything.  We get into arguments all the time, and over the smallest things, and we use this strategy often to overcome our opponent.  If our adversary says that it's not the same thing, we call him or her a hypocrite.

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, probably because I encounter it all the time that I've learned to tune it out of my brain.  But like how one tunes out of radio station, what's left is a wall of static noise.  Nothing to comprehend, but still annoying.  There is just so much sass in the youths today, that I feel like one of those old-schoolers who grew up in the 90's and relish in the classics and denounce the new.  Well, I did grew up in the late 90's and played tons of games and listened to lots of music from that time period and earlier.

I'm always so disappointed in how I can't talk about classic video games like Super Mario World or Gradius with any of my peers because they've never played them before.  My friends are always telling me to get with the times, but I'm quite satisfied with my reclusive thoughts.

I get off topic so easily.  Chances are, anyone who reads this is going to think that I'm some sort of fat, lazy "fag" (pardon the expression) who never gets laid (again, pardon the expression).  Well, I don't care.

And I had such a nice topic to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment