Monday 6 February 2012

Films vs Books

There is always much heated debate on the topic whether movies or books are better.

I'm just going to say one thing.  The original is always better.

This means that the movie adaptions of books are never as good, and vice versa.  Book adaptions of movies also suck.

We can actually extend this even further.  There exists a glaring example of why one should never remake anything.  The Street Fighter franchise was so popular that movie moguls decide to cash in on it.  So, they released Street Fighter: the Movie, which was a box office bust.  If that wasn't bad enough, people actually made a game based on the movie, called Street Fighter: the Movie: the Game.  I don't even need to say the amount of stupidity it requires to make something like that.

Another adaptation I don't like are remixes of songs.  In fact, a lot of times, my friend and I debate over which is superior, the remix or the original.  I say the original is always better.  He says remixes show improvement a lot of the time.  I don't play by those rules.

Really, all I wanted to say is that the original is always the best in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment